Hunter PetCare is committed to help control the pet overpopulation in Middletown and surrounding areas and bettering our communities. Every cat qualifies for the program as every spay or neuter makes a difference! This low cost feline spay and neuter program is a certificate program. You must purchase a certificate prior to scheduling your cat’s surgery. We typically can schedule your surgery within one week.
This low cost feline spay and neuter program is a certificate program. To purchase certificates, you may call (937) 743-2600 or simply stop in our office during normal business hours to purchase.
* Please note: M.A.R.X. certificates must be purchased with cash, or be subject to a small service fee for all credit card transaction.
$65.00- Spay (female)
$35.00- Neuter (male)
The Certificate is good for the indicated surgery performed in a modern, state of the art facility by a Veterinarian and assisted by a Registered Veterinary Technician, anesthesia and anesthetic monitoring, antibiotic injection as well as a recheck in 2 weeks. Additional surgical options such as pre-surgery blood work, pain medication and microchipping are available and are not included in the price of the Certificate. Many of these surgical options, including vaccinations and routine wellness care are available at a discounted rate for those patients using a Certificate. You will receive surgical and wellness option sheets upon purchase of your certificate that will have more information and pricing on all additional options.
To purchase a M.A.R.X. Certificate
This low cost feline spay and neuter program is a certificate program. To purchase certificates, simply stop in our office during normal business hours to purchase.
* Please note: Low cost spay and neuter certificates must be purchased with cash, or be subject to a small service fee for all credit card transaction.
After you have your M.A.R.X. Certificate
After you have received your M.A.R.X. certificate, you may schedule your cat’s surgery. We typically can schedule the surgery for you within the week. All routine spay and neuter surgeries will go home the same day. Just a reminder that all surgical patients must have no food or water after 10 pm the evening before surgery. Please see other Pre-Surgical instructions here.
We perform routine surgeries Monday – Friday. ALL CATS MUST ARRIVE IN A CARRIER. We have cardboard carriers available for purchase should you need one. Your cat will need to drop off between 8 am – 9am the morning of the surgery on an EMPTY stomach and will be available for discharge the same day usually after 3 pm. After your pet has recovered from anesthesia, our veterinary technician will contact you to discuss the surgery and schedule a post-surgical discharge appointment where we will go over at-home instructions and answer any questions you may have.
* Please note: All pets will be examined for flea infestations and if fleas are found, pets will be treated with Capstar.
Some of the benefits of spaying and neutering dogs and cats are shown below.
Benefits of Spaying (females):
- No heat cycles, therefore males will not be attracted
- Less desire to roam
- Risk of mammary gland tumors, ovarian and/or uterine cancer is reduced or eliminated
- Reduces number of unwanted cats/kittens
Benefits of Neutering (males):
- Reduces or eliminates risk of spraying and marking
- Decreases aggressive behavior
- Less desire to roam, therefore less likely to be injured in fights or auto accidents
- Risk of testicular cancer is eliminated, and decreases incidence of prostate and anal gland disease
- Reduces number of unwanted cats/kittens
Top 3 Reasons to Spay and Neuter:
- It helps to reduce companion animal overpopulation. The surplus is in the millions in the United States. Cats are 45 times as prolific as humans.
- Altering your feline friend will increase his life an average of 3 to 5 years.
- Intact male cats living outside have been shown to live on average less than two years.
- Feline Immunodeficiency Syndrome is spread by bites and intact cats fight a great deal more than altered cats.
If you are interested in finding our more about this program please contact the staff at Hunter PetCare at (937) 743-2600. They will be happy to answer your questions regarding this program.